Subscribe!

Followers!

Share!

Share |

Facebook!

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

March: A Month in the Life of Kate

Most Memorable Moments:
  •  1st - 7th ~ Anti-social week. I spent the entire time in my room. You can read a bit more about it here!
  • 5th ~ Happy birthday, Alyson! I love you!
  • 6th ~ A friend that I met online was baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I'm so happy for you, Lauren!
  • 8th ~ FHE. It was Battle of the Sexes themed and it was quite a funny night. After the activity ended, I went over to my good friend Brooke's house with she and Mecailla. We tried to learn how to hip hop dance. I failed miserably. Lots of laughs.
  • 13th ~ Annie's funeral. It was sad, but also very sweet. I'm so thankful for my knowledge of life after death. 
  • 14th ~ I attended a great fireside. I was asked to sing with five other people for the fireside. (We learned the song the day before.) It was a four part harmony arrangement of "Come Thou Fount" and it was beautiful.
  • 15th ~ FHE. We all went to see the High School's production of Once Upon A Mattress. It wasn't my favorite show, but the costumes were incredible. They were the actual revival cast costumes from Broadway. I hugged Carol Burnett's costume!
  • 16th - 17th ~ Nashelle treated me to a small road trip. I had SUCH a great time. We drove out to Provo and hit the mall, getting pedicures and pretzels. Good stuff. That night we went to Hale Center Theater Orem and saw "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels." It was INCREDIBLE! It's been a while since I've seen a show that well done! On Wednesday, we went up to Salt Lake to the Gateway mall and met up with a few of her friends from college. We were all wearing green, because it was St. Patrick's Day. There was a VERY attractive male walking around in an orange sweater without an ounce of green on. I really wanted to pinch him. We nicknamed him 'pinchable.' Thanks for the great trip, Nacho.
  • 20th ~ I met a really great guy. He lives in Toronto. It's very complicated. We talk A LOT. I really like the guy. (Oh, his name is CJ, by the way.)
  • 21st ~ Linger Longer. It was Chinese food themed. While I didn't enjoy the food so much, I LOVED the drinks they concocted for the event. The decorations were also incredible. Brooke had an old missionary friend that had come to town and she was going to try and set him up with me. He wasn't interested. Big surprise.
  • 22nd ~ FHE. We didn't have much of an activity, simply sat around and ate the leftovers from Linger Longer. I didn't think it was possible, but they mixed the two punches from the day before and it was even better. Mmm.
    Happiest Moment: Watching Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. That show was hilarious. (Close second: Talking with CJ. If it wasn't so complicated, it would probably be number one.)

    Saddest Moment: When they closed Annie's casket. That was heartbreaking.

    New Movies Watched: 
    • Paranormal Activity. *shudders* That was very stupid of me. I should not have watched it.
    Favorite Food: Salsa. 10 calorie goodness. Mmm. 

    Overall: It's been a very confusing month. LOTS of good times. Also quite a few sad ones. Mostly due to confusion and complication. The month kind of flew by. I'm not exactly sure where it all went. I'm not happy or sad to see it go. I am happy that the snow is gone, and I am mostly excited to see what April has in store for me. I hope a few pleasant surprises.

    1 Thoughts:

    Anonymous said...

    Ooh, Chinese food... I last had it in New Zealand.

    And wow... I didn't realise Lauren's baptism was so long ago...