Subscribe!

Followers!

Share!

Share |

Facebook!

Thursday, January 7, 2010

A Good Day Letter

Dear Good Day,

I have so many reasons to thank you! You have continually managed to make me smile! If I had a hat, I would tip it off to you!

I'm not sure if you are aware, but here are the things that you have done for me today, GD.

You brought me lots of return messages from people I care about. It been very good to reconnect with friends and family.

You got me motivated to work on my novel again. I read about 12 chapters and will probably read some more before the day is out. It's been so much fun to reacquaint myself with my characters and the story. I had no idea how much I missed it. I also came to the realization that I'm ready and excited for people to read it. When I'm finished reading it through this time, I think I'll start sending out manuscripts!

(You also made me feel like my writing doesn't suck as much as I thought it did.)

Anytime I was feeling a little bit iffy, you did something to make me laugh! Thanks. Laughter is the way to make me happy! Like when you made me smile when my pajama pants fell around my ankles in the kitchen. No one was around and I don't think anyone knew. I pulled the drawstrings tighter. Thanks for making me feel like I'm losing weight!

You allowed me a few moments to watch Friends. I will love you forever for this!

You let me eat spaghetti for breakfast. How awesome are you? Also! You didn't make me gag when I drank that gross yogurt stuff that I drink first thing in the morning. I think I actually enjoyed it a little today. Nice little bonus you've thrown in there!

You also made me feel VERY loved, which was about the best thing ever! I've realized that Heavenly Father has a plan for me, and I just need to smile and be patient.

Anyway, Good Day. My point is this: Thank you for the smiles and happiness!

Hope to see you again really soon!

Kate

4 Thoughts:

Framed said...

Great post. Thanks, I really enjoyed reading this.

Nashelle said...

Remember that one time... When Hannah de-pantsed(?) you when you were going down the stairs?... Ya. That was awesome. :o)

Kate Weber said...

Haha, Nashelle, you have a blog. Can I design it for you? I really want to. Please?!

And yes, Hannah de-pantsing me was hilarious. Embarrassing, but hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Aw, that was an awesome day. :-)

Remember what Chris Baty said: your writing will suck, but there will be gems you weren't even aware of in it.

Spaghetti for breakfast... I don't think I could do that.